Volunteer Sign Ups
Oyster Reef Information for Lagoon Homeowners
Event Chair: Restore Our Shores
Interested in having a permanent oyster reef along your Lagoon waterfront property?
Thanks to the 1/2-cent sales tax that Brevard County passed in 2016, we are able to provide this service free of charge to homeowners.
- Not all sites are suitable for the permanent oyster reef. Currently, we can not accept addresses if you live along a canal or north of Pineda Causeway.
- Addresses will be pre-screened for suitability and if you are selected, you will be contacted for a site survey.
- If your site is determined suitable, you will need to fill out two documents: Letter of Commitment (which explains your level of commitment and expectations of the project) and an Agent Authorization (which allows us to apply for permits on your behalf).
- As your project gets closer to the permitting phase, you will be provided a copy of the designs of your project for approval.
- Setback waivers will need to be signed from your neighbors in order for us to get the maximum footage for your reef. If they do not want to sign the setback waiver, we will need to scale back the footage of the reef.
- The timeframe for having the reef installed can be up to 2 years.
If you have any further questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up below...
|37 Filled, 63 remaining: Sign up »|